Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our household grows by one!

Ok, ok, before you get too excited, we have NOT adopted another child! I know...bummer! BUT we have acquired a new house member...well, we will very shortly anyway. For those who have been following along from awhile ago, you may remember me saying something about my dad possibly moving in if he could sell his house. You guessed it, he finally sold his house! So he will be moving in within the next month or two. For now, he will stay in our camper while we aren't camping until it is too cold to do so. While we are camping, he'll be in the house, unless he decides to camp with us. Once it gets too cold to stay in the camper, he will be taking over the upstairs bedroom that I am currently using as a sewing room. My stuff will go into storage. My dad plans on giving us a large portion of the proceeds from selling his house so that we can start on the rebuilding of our kitchen which will now contain a back bedroom/bath for my dad. In my dreams, this addition/renovation would have two floors so we can build two more bedrooms upstairs, but realistically, I have little hope of this actually happening. It would be nice to move the girls into our current bedroom which is the size of their bedroom plus my sewing room put together, and then not only would their huge bunkbed/playhouse not overpower the room, but they'd have room for all their toys, too! Our room also has a big walk-in closet which would solve so many issues with their clothes and all the hand-me-downs they have yet to fit into! The sewing room would be cut in half, half for an upstairs laundry room and the other half would be a hallway leading to the back bedrooms. Back there, I'd love to put another bedroom (for any future children because come hell or high water I am NOT done adopting kids!!) and a master bedroom and bathroom suite with a set of back stairs or exterior stairs off a small deck for fire safety reasons.

Yes, I love to dream and this is one heck of a dream as to do this would essentially double the square footage in our house which would do god only knows to our already over-inflated property taxes!! My father's financial gift would definitely help, but would in no way be enough to actually finish the job, even without the second story! We're probably looking at a home equity line of credit at the very least. My business is definitely increasing, but is it enough to realize this dream??? I guess only time will tell! If anyone has any helpful money-saving tips or secret grant/loan tips for us, I'd really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment