Friday, August 29, 2008

Birthdays, Baseball and Beautiful Brides!

Well, been a little busy as of late, but I've finally found a minute to post something new! Ninety years ago today (Thursday), a woman was born who would eventually become my grandmother! She's seen and done it all and will most likely outlive all her children...because she's too stubborn not to!! And we love her all the more for it! We had a surprise birthday party for her at her nursing home. After the initial shock when we all yelled, "SURPRISE!!" the first thing out of her mouth was, "Oh, you a**holes!" (It was said good-naturedly, of course! That's just Gram!) Below, Luci leans in for a smack from Nana.




Drew's turn for some kisses!
Here is most of the group who attended. We lost a few immediately after the meal, so not everyone is shown. She doesn't know it yet, but I'll be putting this picture in the local newspaper. Most likely she'll want to strangle me!
Here are the last three remaining "H" sisters. On the left is Great Aunt Kate, then my grandmother in the middle, Millie, and on the right is my Great Aunt Pat. They are 92, 90 and 82 respectively. (Longevity must run in my family!)
Ok, so I didn't mention the tea party in my headline, but it messed up the alliteration, oh well! The girls wanted to pose for some pictures, so we decided on a tea party theme and went for it. I got out this backdrop which I've only ever used once before for Luci's dance pictures, but I think it works well for this theme. Here are a few of my favorites.


Since my equipment was already set up, we talked Papa into posing for a Yankees picture! If you look closely, the girls both have on Yankees shirts as well. Obviously Papa is quite a Yankees fan, so I'm sure he'll love hanging this shot on his bedroom wall!
This past weekend, I shot a wedding in Alexandria Bay, NY. It was beautiful...though not nearly as stunning as the bride! Now you don't know her, but I was impressed with how a few of these shots turned out, so I thought I'd post them. I'm certainly improving! (Admittedly, it is quite difficult to get a bad shot when your model looks like this!)
The next two shots are the same picture, but I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I posted them both. You be the judge!




I've got one wedding left this year (I shot 6 so far this year), but have booked two weddings for NEXT year already! Business is definitely good! On another good note...Dean has chosen a date to start demolition on the back of our house! September 6th is the day. I have a baby shower and my niece's birthday party on that day as well, but hopefully I'll be able to see some of the demolition and post pictures here! Until then, take care!

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO "grams!"
    and I love them both.
    your an amazing photographer.
    Although I would have to go with the one with more color [ =
    the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice job,what software did you use to do the roses &b&w?

    ReplyDelete
  3. B&W. I use adobe 2.0 sometimes,but I also use Cs3. http://trashcancamera.blogspot.com/ Zildjian62@verizon.net Brad is the name

    ReplyDelete