Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas crafts, concerts and countertops!

Last weekend, Jim, Julie and Hannah came over for a visit and to do a Christmas craft. Here's Drew starting a centerpiece log.



Hannah's log is coming along.
And Luci's as well.
Jim cut down a small birch tree on their property and cut up enough so the girls could each make two. Drew gave one to Meema, Luci is giving one to Grandma and Grandpa and they eack kept one. Hannah gave one to her grandmother as well. Here are the finished masterpieces!
This past Tuesday was Drew's Christmas concert at school. Here's my little Nightengale in action. Of course she is in the front row as always due to her size. I think she's starting to understand how nice it is being so small...on the way into school this morning, a parent smiled at her and then said to me, "She's so tiny! Just gorgeous!" As we continued walking in, I watched Drew's face and she was grinning from ear to ear!
Hannah is also in Drew's class (multiage with first and second graders).
Each grade sang two songs and at the end of the show, the entire school came out to sing a reindeer rap. Drew was squeezed into a spot all the way to the left against the curtain.
Today was Luci's turn to sing! The UPK does their own mini-concert in the garden area of the school and has the kids stand on the steps to do their songs. Here's my other little nightengale! You'll notice she is NOT the shortest one in her class...the little one on her left is just like Drew in size!
One of these things is not like the others... Can you see Luci's beautiful skin amongst the ghostly pale of the rest of them?
I think it's safe to say that she loves her Daddy!
Luci with her teacher, Mrs. S and the classroom aide, Mrs. McC.
And last but not least...(drum roll please...) WE HAVE GRANITE!! Yay! Here are some shots of my beautiful new countertops!
Now of course I am *still* waiting for my range hood to be installed and now I'm deciding if I want to put tile or pressed tin up for the whole backsplash from fridge to the other side of the range. I can't decide which I'd like better. I've got a while to think about that as we won't be starting that little project until after Christmas I'm sure.

Anyway, in the near future we have a few plans in place...This Saturday is our annual Christmas dinner with Jim, Julie and Hannah, only this year it's at my place! Yay! Christmas Eve, we'll be going to Dean's parent's house for dinner and gifts, Christmas day will be spent here as per our usual routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment