Sunday, February 22, 2009

Guests, Bedrooms and Brownies

Here's a shot of my two cuties being...well...cute!



Luci, surrounded by all her Webkinz!
As I said, I was busy! First, I moved all of our bedroom furniture into our new bedroom at the back of the house. Then I went to Lowe's and bought ClosetMaid-type wire shelving for our new closet. I didn't realize just how expensive it is to put shelves in a closet!! Ouch! But it is pretty spiffy...unfortunately I neglected to snap a picture of it before filling it with clothing! Oh well, who wants to see the inside of a closet, anyway? After filling the closet, I proceeded to empty all of my sewing room stuff (crammed into our bedroom during construction) into one of the new back bedrooms. When the room was finally empty, I set to work removing a wallpaper border and then painting the room for the girls! Of course, I couldn't do this job without SOME help!

They were great little workers, but I had to shoo them out because we were running out of paint! First, they were gobbing on the paint without spreading it around and then Luci had this little "uh-oh"! Thankfully, the floor is only a sub-floor, it looked horrible to begin with so it really was no big deal!
Here are some shots of the girls' new room! Ahhhh! Can you say, "BREATHING ROOM?" Their previous room was so tiny and it only got worse with the addition of their humongous bunk/playhouse bed! That thing is mammoth and there was barely enough room to walk from the door to their bed! Their new room is at least twice the size of their previous room and there's a big walk-in closet, too!
Hannah checks it out with Drew! They both approve!

Luci's paint boo-boo became a huge flower! Someday, we'll put some hardwood flooring in here, but that's the last thing on the list. We've still got to finish the upstairs laundry room, mud and paint the two remaining new bedrooms, install hardwood flooring in the two remaining bedrooms plus the hallway, and tile and paint our master bathroom. There are lots of other little things like baseboard molding, window trim, etc to do as well. So the girls will just have to make do with this floor for now!
On Friday evening, Drew's girl scout Neighborhood held a gathering with a Mardi Gras theme. Since Sara is also a brownie, she was allowed to go, too. Here they make their Mardi Gras masks.
Hannah's mask is colorful!
Drew opts for minimalism!
Sara's mask is girly!
From L to R, Drew, Sara, Hannah S., and Hannah R.
And here are all the girls who showed up from our Neighborhood!

After making masks, the girls were treated to pizza. Then they got to decorate cupcakes, but they weren't allowed to eat them until everyone was done decorating their own. When they were finally allowed to dig in, they were informed that some of the cupcakes had coing baked into them, and that whomever found one would be "Parade Queen". Everyone chowed, but no one found any coins. So they gave me another one and said, "This one feels kind of heavy!" So I broke it open and sure enough I had 2 coins in my cupcake! Now, even though I am a registered Girl Scout, I thought it would be better to let the kids have their chance, so they all stood in a circle and I closed my eyes and spun around with my finger pointed. I was to pick four queens in all. My first spin chose Sara. I don't know the other three girls' names. Anyway, the queens got to lead the parade around the inside of the building blowing their horns and having a good old time!

Sara left this afternoon and I finished moving all of the girls' bedroom stuff into their new room. Tomorrow I get to sift through the huge mountain of toys that are currently in the "playroom" aka one of the back bedrooms and get rid of half of it so the rest can fit in their new room! They have so much stuff that they have a hard time keeping it organized so it ends up in a big disasterous pile which I refuse to keep picking up...so out it goes! Anyway, with less stuff, they'll actually PLAY with some of it! Once their room is done, the next project on my list is my sewing room which was the girls' old bedroom. The first line of business is pulling up the very last carpeting in the house and saying, "Buh-bye!!" I have come to despise carpeting and will never have it again! The entire house will have hardwood...it's so much easier to keep clean and is so much more allergenic. Not that anyone in this house is allergic to much, but it's still nice to have wood floors instead! Ok, well, guess that's it for now. When I get the girls' room finished, I'll post some new pics. Until then!

1 comment:

  1. The girls room looks so cute and I especially love the big floor flower.... the finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete