Sunday, May 9, 2010

May musings!

This past Monday, at Luci's Daisy Girl Scout meeting, the girls got their faces painted by the junior troop which meets in another part of the building at the same time. She HAD to have a picture of it, so I thought I'd post it here!


On Tuesday, our chorus held our annual dinner at a local restaurant. This year we had plenty to celebrate with our first place win and most improved chorus award. We always take a group photo during this dinner and this year we got to pose with our Most Improved Trophy! As you can see, a few people didn't get the "red shirt memo", but we still make a pretty good looking bunch!




Our chorus knows how to have a good time! One of our class clowns, Michele, wrote a humorous poem about us. The glasses and teeth were for effect!


During the reading of the poem, she referenced a time when, on Saturday after our win, we were hanging out in our hospitality room and singing for each other. One of our directors, Genine, felt her plate drop while she was singing and had to hold it in place to finish her song. We all got a good laugh out of it, but even bigger laughs when Michele "dropped" her teeth as well!



Luci's class was given trees for Arbor Day. She and Daddy planted it in the yard! Drew's brownie troop was given trees for Earth Day last month and they also planted that a week or 2 earlier, but I neglected to get pictures!


A nice shot of one of my little knock-outs! Love this shot!
On Friday morning, Luci's class held their Mother's Day Tea for all the moms. Cheese!
Luci's gift to me...a cupcake she frosted herself, some art and a lovely "essay" about her mom! I never knew I made the best tootsie rolls! Ha ha! I think she meant roly poly's, but that's up for debate...I think Grandma would win that contest! She also thinks the best part of me are my "pretty eyelashes"! I knew I didn't get that LASIK surgery for nothing!
Me and my little monkey!



On Friday afternoon, I went to my niece's school and watched as she recieved an award for Outstanding Effort! Here's Sonja receiving her award from the principal.


Like Drew, she's a peanut, too!


She's very proud of her achievement! We're all pretty proud of her, too!


A shot with little brother Max! Little cuties!


While waiting for Sonja to be signed out, Grandpa took Max out to the play equipment. Here's a cool shot of Mr. Max!
And at last, on the day honoring moms everywhere....Mother's Day, of course! My gift from both my dad and Dean was, of course, the patio! Here is the finished product! It now has a table, though, so we can eat and play games out here during warm weather! I just LOVE it! Not sure how long that gazebo will last as we have some hellacious winds come through, but my dad has plans to construct a wooden one should this one bite the dust! Once we get some grass growing around the patio this will look even nicer!
And from my girls, I received some lovely flowers to plant outside! I know just where to put them...in my stone garden that I installed last year under the trees in our side yard! Thanks, girls! I love them!


Today's Quote:


When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle! And this'll help things turn out for the best...and...always look on the bright side of life...always look on the light side of life! ~Monty Python's Life of Brian

I'm a true-blue Monty Python fan, so when I came across this quote, I just had to use it! Who knew Monty Python could be so dead-on accurate about life?

No comments:

Post a Comment