Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sneakers and Snow!

Not TOO much going on in the last month or so, a few things. First up, yesterday, my mom showed up and plopped down a little white box with the word "Pandora" on it. I opened it up and inside was another charm for my nearly full bracelet! It is a charm with a little sneaker on it! As you may know, I have been working really hard to lose weight and get healthier. I joined the gym this past October and I have managed to drop a whopping 27 pounds since then!! In the fall of '09, I dropped an initial 18 pounds, which brings my grand total to 45 pounds!!!!!!!! I can scarcely believe it myself!! My mom is so proud of my achievement (and I am, too!), that she had offered to buy me an expensive pair of jeans when I reach my goal. The only problem with that is, I don't really have a goal and I'm not in all that much of a hurry to lose the weight. I am letting it happen as it happens. I know there will be plateaus and possibly (though not freakin' likely!) small weight gains throughout my journey. So, instead she bought me this charm to recognize my hard work! A sneaker to represent my workouts! It is a very meaningful symbol for me...both for the hard work and for my self-empowerment! Thank you so much, Mom!! I truly do love it!!!


Earlier this month, Mother Nature decided that we needed some more snow! So after a storm or two, I brought the girls over to Scott and Sue's house to make snowmen with Darien and Jeb. Before they started building, they had some sliding fun with the big snowbanks Scott made with the plow.


Onto the snowman making!! I brought over a bag full of old hats, scarves and mittens to donate for our snow people!








Today's Quote:

When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment! ~Jillian Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment