Monday, September 15, 2008

Better and better!

Just when I was rejoicing in finally starting this long overdue construction project, my day got even better! As some of you may know, Luci was assigned to the afternoon class in UPK (they run a morning and afternoon session at her school). This presented a problem as Luci is very young, she won't be four until the end of November, she JUST made the cut-off by five days, or she would have had to wait another year. And being young (the youngest in the program, I believe) she still takes the occassional afternoon nap. If you add a few hours of school onto that, you get one tired and cranky kid! She'd come home from school, crash and sleep through dance classes and then wouldn't go to bed at a reasonable hour. I mentioned my preference for the morning class to both the overseeing principal and to her teacher and hoped someone would switch with me. Today, I got a call from that principal letting me know that indeed there was someone who wanted to switch! So tomorrow (Tuesday) Luci starts her first morning class! It really made my day, it was the icing on the cake! Thankfully, this is only the second full week of school, so I don't believe she has made any true friends yet. Tomorrow she gets to meet a whole new group of them! Ahhhh, life just keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment