Saturday, April 4, 2009

The latest Tidbits!

At last, some pictures for all you patient readers out there! So sorry to keep you waiting! Let's start off with a really cute one! My dad, on days with decent weather, has taken a liking to walking our back field for some exercise. Usually, he can talk Luci into going with him. Here, the two stroll with their walking sticks! Luci had to have one just like Papa!



Ah, Spring! That time of year when little girls get to show the public what they've been working on all winter long! Our community holds a business exposition and every year the girls' dance studio performs. This year, Luci's group was chosen, but not Drew's ballet group. Before we left, the girls posed for me.

Luci must have been paying more attention this year than last as she wowed us with some cool moves! Here she leaps into the air with grace! Check out her toe extensions! On her right is her cousin, Sonja.

Ta da! Aren't we so cute?! Below this picture is the video of their dance.
Another thing about Spring is lots of rain which means the ground is soaked. Since we built the addition, the ground surrounding it is all dirt, no grass. So when it rains like this, that means lots of MUD! Once the rains quit, we'll get some grass growing, but for now it is a varitable wonderland for some dirty mudtime fun! Here the girls ventured into the muck and discovered they couldn't move their feet! Their boots sunk in and woulnd't budge an inch!
They were having a ball as they fell over and sat in it getting absolutely filthy! Just then, mean old mom opened a window and told them to get inside! Now that they had their directive, they realized it wouldn't be so easy to do! So they simply stepped out of their boots! Luci was barefoot and Drew had nice white socks on (the keyword here is HAD!) Mean old mom told them they weren't allowed to just leave their boots there and to dig them out with their hands! That's when the tears started because I had just gotten dressed and ready to go out the door to my Sweet Adeline's rehearsal and I had no intention of going out there to help them!

I think they learned a lesson!
Lately, the talk around this house revolves around someone named Eva. No, they don't have an imaginary friend...Drew has been promised an American Girl doll and she decided to name her Eva. This adventure started with me reluctantly agreeing, because anyone who knows anything about American Girl dolls knows that these dolls are expensive and all the accessories that go with them are even more expensive! But peer pressure is a pretty powerful thing and she wanted one very badly! I research everything, so this was no different! I checked out cheaper avenues for the accesories and found literally more than 20,000 American Girl items for sale at any given time on ebay! The good thing is, you can get quite a lot for much less than American Girl offers for similar items! My reluctance slowly disolved with each cute thing I encountered! We ordered her doll, a "Just Like You" doll, though it isn't Asian, but she didn't want the Asian one with bangs because Drew doesn't have bangs! Whatever! Anyway, my mom ordered a Brownie Girl Scout outfit for the doll and a bunk bed. My dad got her a tent and sleeping bag. Julie is getting her some ballet practise clothes and a pair of Heely's...yes, they make Heely's for American Girl dolls, can you believe it? I got her a few outfits, a rolling suticase to put all the stuff in and then went to the local craft store. With patterns and fabric in hand, I have made a few outfits, some jammies and a robe and bedding for her bunkbed. I was so impressed with the bed, I thought I'd post some pictures. Here's Eva next to her new bed in her new jammies.
Close-up detail of the pillows.

The robe.
The girls's school gave us 4 snow days back they we didn't use, so 3 of those days got tacked onto Spring Break. This makes their break nearly two weeks long! I decided we needed to do SOMETHING, even for only a few days. So I scoped out a mini-vacation to New York City! We leave Tuesday, take the train into the city and come home Friday! I'm so excited! Julie and Hannah have decided to come with us! The highlight of this trip with undoubtedly be a couple of hours in the American Girl store!! I plan on taking them up in the Statue of Liberty to look out the crown, a stroll through Chinatown, a quick stop by Ground Zero for some pictures, a subway ride to Coney Island to check out the beach and the ocean. Maybe a ride up to the top of the Empire State building. There are so many things we could do! I'm wondering if I'll be able to talk Dean into babysitting the three girls while Julie and I go check out Lucky Cheng's, a famous drag queen rest/bar! That sounds like such a blast!! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and publish a fabulous post when we return!!


No comments:

Post a Comment