Saturday, May 9, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

Life's been pretty hectic since my last post. May is definitely my busy month! We have 3 birthdays, Sara, Hannah and Drew, that means presents for 3 girls (which I made American Girl stuff for all three), and 3 parties. Here is one of the things Sara got from us. This bunk bed was given to Drew, but she has another, so she graciously gave it to Sara for her new American Girl doll, seen below with the bed. It needed better bedding, so I dug out some girly fabric and voila! It turned out really cute! I think she liked it!
This week, Luci's class planned a Mother's Day get-together in the classroom. Here's Luci's entire class lined up to sing a couple of songs!

After they presented presents, I snapped this cute photo. She's such a snuggler!
Just a cute shot of Luci at dance class.
Drew is my budding photographer :-) and wanted to take some shots with my new camera. Did I mention my new camera? It's AWESOME! It's a point and shoot, Olympus Stylus Tough 8000. You can take is scuba diving down to 33 feet, you can drop it from a height of 6.5 feet without damage, it is crush-proof to 220 pounds and it is freeze-proof so you can take winter shots outdoors! Oh, and it's 12 megapixels!! That's bigger than both of my business DSLRs!! Anyway, it makes it really easy to hand over to a child to take pictures since it won't matter if she drops it! So here's my little photographer snapping a few... Drew tries to take a picture of her American Girl, Daphne on the right and Luci's fake American Girl on the left, Daisy. Luci jumped into the shot at the last minute! I don't think I mentioned Drew's doll, either. We bought Drew an American Girl doll for her birthday. We bought it at the beginning of April and her birthday isn't until the end of May. She has talked non-stop about this doll and the fact that she wants to get more dolls. I told her that if she wanted another one, she'd have to break into her piggy and get it herself! So she insisted that we count her piggy! She ended up having nearly enough for another doll, so I threw in some extra change I had laying around and she picked this one out. She loves her! We got Luci the fake one to see how well she'd take care of it...I refuse to spend $100 on a doll for a 4 year old when she probably won't take care of it! Well, she's doing a pretty good job, but not so well that I'm thinking of buying her the real thing just yet! Maybe for her birthday if she proves herself capable!
Luci poses for another shot taken by her sister. What a goof-ball!
Now let's ALL pose for her!
Luci wanted a turn, too, so at least Drew gets to get in one of the shots!
This week also saw my chorus' annual dinner. It was a fun time as usual. We got 5th place small chorus at our competition, which was a little disappointing since we had worked so hard throughout the year. But we kept our score up and actually got part of our score into the B- category, one of our goals this year! They were also 2 brand new songs, so that usually counts against you as well. Considering all of that, we actually did quite well and we are proud of our performance, so I guess that's all that counts! Top row L to R, Melanie, Michele, Michelle, Angela. 3rd row, Pat, Cate, Roberta, Judy, Jewel. 2nd row, Genine(kneeling), Clara, me, Carol, Mary Jo, Doris, Donna (kneeling). 1st row, Lauri, Rebecca, Leah, JoAnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment