Monday, March 15, 2010

March Musings

Last week, Drew's class put on a couple of plays. The 1st graders performed their rendition of The Three Billy Goats Gruff. It was very cute. The 2nd graders presented The Gingerbread Man! Drew auditioned for the part of one of the two narrators and was chosen! Here she is next to Regan, narrating her part of the story.



The little old man and little old woman baking their gingerbread man...
Drew's classmate Anton was the perfect gingerbread man! What a little actor!
Look out for that crafty old fox!
All the 2nd graders take their bows. If you're looking for Drew, she is, of course, the shortest one!
After the play, Drew gets a cuddle-bug shot with Daddy!
This past Friday, I went under the knife! Or rather, the laser!! I had LASIK eye surgery. Here I am in my stylish cap! Sorry about the blurriness of the photo! This is the very last time I had my glasses on!!
The next day, I had glasses of a different kind on! I have to sleep several nights with these puppies on, thankfully, they're pretty comfortable. I'm not smiling yet because this was the very next day and my eyes felt like they were full of sand! It was rather annoying, but the very next day they felt a whole lot better! So much so that I attended my first Zumba class and LOVED it!! Thursday is class #2! Can't wait! Anyway, I now have 20/20 vision in my right eye and BETTER than 20/20 in my left! I just love not having to wear glasses! How liberating!
Saturday, Drew's brownie troop along with several other troops in our neighborhood held an in-gathering at a local pool.

The Hannah Squared! Hannah S. and Hannah R.
Sometimes it's really cool to have a waterproof camera!

Today's quote:

When darkness is all around you and it prevails and all hope has fled away, remember and draw strength in the fact that the sun shall rise again and the light will shine through the dark and with the beginning of a new day you can stand once again. ~M. O. January South African, born 09/02/1987

No comments:

Post a Comment