Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Ahhh, Spring! I LOVE this time of year! Despite all of Spring's little pitfalls, like rain and MUD, the feeling of winter's release is the best! Our area has seen some record-breaking temps for the last few days...into the 80's!! That's incredible considering we usually have snow and cold well into April and sometimes even May! But not this year! My father has been a fisherman most of his life and has passed that love onto me! I love to fish, but since the girls have come home from China, I haven't been able to do it as much as I'd like. However, with the unusually lovely weather we've been having, my dad and I have taken a few trips out to see what we can catch for dinner! So far, we've had one REALLY successful day, one moderately successful day and two rather dismal days (as far as catching fish goes!) Of course, a bad day of fishing beats a good day at work ANYDAY...even MY job! On one of these outings, we took the boat out on the St. Lawrence River. This was one of our poor fish-catching days, but the sun was hot and we were able to relax and enjoy the scenery. In one little bay, I saw this interesting rock that looked like a giant fish at the edge of the water. It was probably 5-6 feet long. It was also on this trip that I pulled a bone-headed move and dropped my phone in the drink! (So, if you've been trying to call and I haven't returned it...now you know why!) Today, I'm on the search for a new one.



Also this time of year, is one of the girls' favorite holidays...Easter! And why is this a favorite, you might ask? Well, because of the candy, of course! Here they are on Easter Eve painting some eggs.


The Easter bunny was pretty good to them this year. On top of a relatively small dose of candy, they got goodies such as drawing paper, stuffed animals, cool pens, stickers, egg-shaped sidewalk chalk and the new Chipmunks movie, The Squeakquel. They have been overdosing on the first Chipmunk movie, so I knew they'd love this one, too!
This is the first time in the girls' lives that Easter morning has been warm enough to have their Easter egg hunt outdoors! Dean...err, I mean the Easter bunny, is an early-riser, so he hopped outside before the girls were up and planted 20 or so candy-filled plastic eggs all over the yard! The girls LOVED it! This is way cooler than an indoor egg hunt!


Both girls see an egg at the same time and make a mad dash for it!
Meema also got in the spirit and gave the girls some candy along with a cool art project kit. They made these foam ball creatures which they insisted on sleeping with!

Today's quote:

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment