Friday, December 17, 2010

8 days......

Tick, tick, tick....why is it when you're a child, Xmas seems to take F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to get here, but as an adult, it seems to come swooping in leaving us little time to get everything done??? Ah, well, one of the side-effects of aging, I suppose! This past Monday, I had my beautiful niece and nephew, Sonja and Max, over for some Xmas pics! Here are the end results of that session!



I guess the fates decided to be kind to me by granting me not only beautiful daughters, but a beautiful niece and nephew as well!! Aren't I the lucky one! The next night, my Sweet Adeline chorus held our semi-annual Holiday program in a local church. We performed a short but sweet program to a small but appreciative audience! Dean brought the girls to watch. Here they are posing in front of the church's Xmas tree. Little hams!
Dean snaps a pic as I walk in to take my place.
These pics were taken by a friend of the chorus, Mary Ann G. I snagged them from facebook. I am in the front row all the way to the right.

The girls' school holiday concert was yesterday. Here's how they were sent to school...I figured I better get a picture of them with neat hair and clean dresses as I had no guarantee of their condition by the time I showed up for the concert which was held after lunch! Aren't they gorgeous??
As it turned out, I had nothing to worry about...they were both in nearly the same condition as when I sent them on the bus! Here's Drew in the 3rd and 4th grade chorus...shortest one, as usual!




And Luci in her multi-age class chorus (1st and 2nd grade).

The kid to her right is named Gannon and I graduated with his dad. Gannon is quite a cut-up and I've been informed he's got a bit of a sweet-spot for Luci!
In this shot you can see him attempting a hand-grab on Luci, even though that wasn't part of the choreo! Ha ha!!
After each grade or class chorus performed, all the students came back for a finale! Here's Luci waiting to start!
And Drew, out in front of everyone!
Another class lined up in front of Luci's so she made every attempt to peer over their heads to see if I was still snapping pictures!



It was a great little concert, as usual!! The kids did an amazing job!

In other news...I am now down 15 pounds from the beginning of October and my motivation to keep going to the gym is as strong as ever! Until the next post....

Today's Quotes:

At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year. ~Thomas Tusser

It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. ~W.T. Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment