Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A little work...

Living in the North Country means dealing with all kinds of weather. In the winter, there's snow and ice and in the spring it's mud. We finished the addition on the house back in '08 (or was it '09??? The memory isn't so good anymore! Ha ha!) Anyway, the hardwood flooring in the kitchen by the back door...the door we use most often...has taken a beating with all the water from shoes. So, we decided to install a tile entryway. Here's the before shot. We took down the baseboard trim and you can see where Dean has cut the wood where the tile will be. On the right, you can see the tiles I picked out. They are slate, and I love the colors!


Here, Dean has removed the closet door (we have included a closet reorganization in this project, as you can see it was desperately needed!)

Wood gone, and tile backer board has been placed.
This is the part where I took over. I tiled the bulk of our master bathroom and found that I happen to be pretty good at it, so I volunteered to do this job as well! Tiles have been laid with spacers and we're just waiting for the adhesive to dry.
Here is the finished product! Grouted, sealed, trim replaced and painted, doors painted and the closet has new shelves and bins installed, but I didn't include them in the picture. I LOVE how it turned out!! This picture doesn't do these slate tiles justice!! Might just have to do this to the other two doors eventually!!

Today's Quote:

The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work. ~Emile Zola

No comments:

Post a Comment