Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween and housework

Sorry, I'm a little late posting Halloween stuff and I really don't have that many pics, but they all start looking the same when you snap pics of them going door to door. Below, Drew and Luci pose with Hannah, playing the part of Little Red Riding Hood.



The first place we hit had a haunted house set up in their garage. As we approached I heard an adult yell, "Level one!", meaning presumably that they should take it easy since the next victims were rather young. Drew was the only one who actually wanted to go in, but we convinced the other two it wouldn't be that bad. Luci's deathgrip on my hand led me to believe that she was being VERY brave! We made it through the first 30 seconds ok, but when someone reached out and grabbed her foot she lost it! She practically climbed up my body by herself! Thankfully it was a small garage and we made it out of there in under a minute and as a reward for going through, the kids got extra treats in their bags!
Below, the girls trick-or-treat at the home of a local dentist who was giving out...what else?...toothbrushes, toothpaste and dental floss.

It was a great night for trick-or-treating as the weather cooperated fully by granting us 50 degree temps and no rain or snow! Half-way through the evening, Drew had to pee and since we were no where near home, we found a dark patch of grass. Tragedy averted. She's a true camp kid! Anyway, they all got quite the haul and when we were done, Jim and Julie got some beverages and joined us at our house for some entertainment. The girls played upstairs in their room and the adults hung out in the soon to be finished addition drinking and chatting.

Speaking of addition, today, the guys are finishing up the last bit of shingling left. The last few days, they got the insulation done (except for the blown-in stuff going in the attic) and the wiring, plumbing and ductwork done. There may be a few loose ends to connect here and there in regards to the plumbing and ductwork, but for the most part it is done. They have sheetrocked the entire ceiling upstairs and the kitchen and have just the ceiling in my dad's bedroom and bath left. Next up is sheetrocking the walls. I have picked the colors for my walls in the kitchen. I received a sample of the granite we ordered in the mail and have been taking it with me to Lowe's to play with color schemes. On three walls, I will have a nice warm light brown, kind of the color of coffee with creme in it, and on a third wall we'll have a dark brick red color. Both colors are found in the granite. The ceiling will be white to keep things bright among the darker colors. I can't wait to see how it turns out!! I already know that my dad's room will be a Yankee's theme and I'll paint the upper half of the walls a pale grey and below the chair rail will be dark navy blue. As for the rest of it...I haven't gotten that far, but I'm sure all rooms will have warm earthy colors as my tastes tend to gravitate in that direction. So there's the update as it stands today.

In other news, Dean and I were buttoning up some wiring issues late last night when something got in his eye...yeah, he's regretting not having his safety glasses on NOW. I couldn't see anything, but he couldn't keep from rubbing it. We went to bed hoping a good sleep would help, but Dean ended up coming home early from work with his eye looking worse than ever, so we hopped over to the ER which was blissfully NOT busy and a little dye and blue light later and they found a scratch on his cornea. The director of the ER is actually an adoptive mom to a Chinese princess herself, so she grabbed Luci and dressed her up as a doctor to "help" Daddy. So Daddy came home with some antibiotic for his eye and Luci came home with a whole bagful of "goodies". She had fun! I don't think Dean had as much fun, but he felt better when he left the ER (no doubt due to the numbing medicine they put in his eye!)

And lastly...if you're reading this blog and you haven't yet voted...GET GOING!! It would please me if you voted for Obama, but that's your personal choice. The important thing is to vote! Countless people have died fighting for the right and priviledge that we take for granted! So get off your keesters! No excuse! GO VOTE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment