Sunday, November 16, 2008

Music to my ears!

Drew had her very first piano lesson this past Thursday. She was nervous before going but was hopping down the driveway and squealing with delight afterwards holding her new piano books to her chest and beaming from ear to ear! Ok, so to say she loves it (so far...) is an understatement! I have a keyboard at home, but the keys aren't as large as real piano keys, so we'll have to invest in one of those eventually. While she's learning which fingers are which and notes and things like that, the small one is fine. Maybe Santa will bring her a bigger one???? (Actually Casio has one at Wal-Mart for less than $100, so it's safe to say that the big guy will be bringing one!) Her piano teacher, Miss C. is actually her music teacher at school, so she knows her really well. I know her really well too, since I sing with her in Sweet Adelines! Anyway, below, Drew listens intently to Miss C.



Miss C. has a Baby Grand Piano which I'm told is usually a treat for the kids to play!
I just threw this one in because I liked it. It's a pretty sunrise with fog that I woke up to a few days ago.

And finally, some house news. Let's see, the downstairs has been mudded, but I believe needs one more coat today and then we should be able to start sanding tomorrow or so. I was supposed to drive to Syracuse to pick up some hardwood flooring today, but my brother has made off with the truck. He went hunting. So I might have to wait until tomorrow to do that...let's hope he gets back from hunting early. We've wrapped the wainscoting from the dining room into the doorway to the kitchen so it looks like a nice transition...still needs to be stained yet. Dean is currently upstairs sweeping and mopping in preparation for mudding up there. We wanted to focus on getting the downstairs done ASAP...you know, the whole kitchen thing??? Our cabinets will be here one week from Tuesday, so we NEED to get flooring down and sanded and stained before that day. All this week we should be able to paint, so it's coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment