Friday, November 6, 2009

My own random thoughts!

I'm going to digress a bit from my usual posts for this special post:

Close your eyes and imagine, if you will, that you have a friend, a very good friend. This friend has done something so horrific, so unbelievably galling and hurtful to YOU, her supposed friend, that it has forever ripped apart any hope of being friends with this person ever again. What she has done to you has hurt you immeasurably, but because you have other great friends, the loss of her friendship is really not much of a hardship to you personally. Life has essentially returned to normal, better, actually, since this person and all their mental and emotional baggage which has dragged you down for years is now no longer in your life. Unfortunately, you cannot EVER forget what she has done to you.

Would you still feel hurt by what she did to you? Wouldn’t you still be angry at such a heinous act, that a friend could betray another friend so easily and with no regard to your feelings whatsoever? A total betrayal, a complete and utter disrespect of you that you are left reeling from it…would it be so easy to just “let it go”??? Really????

The above scenario happened to me late this past summer. And now I am being accused of posting snarky comments towards this person. Well, here’s a little confession…they ARE snarky comments for the person described in the scenario above. Am I being juvenile? Perhaps a bit. But here’s my take on it. I damn well deserve to be mad! I was the unsuspecting victim of my “good” friend’s deplorable act and that gives me the right to be pissed! I neither asked for it to happen nor deserved for it to happen, yet happen it did!

Do let me make one thing clear, I HAVE moved on from this person and the horrible thing she has done to me. Life is pretty darn good at the moment and I am basking in it! But, as a TRUE friend once advised, I am holding onto just a little bit of the anger to keep me strong and on my toes. I shall never again let my guard down with people who aren’t my true friends. After all, a REAL friend would never have done what she did to me…keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I must have been her enemy and never knew it as I was completely fooled to think she was my friend!

So now she’s mad that I’m making snide comments on my blog….well, isn’t that too bad! Perhaps she should have thought of that BEFORE she did what she did to me!

Today’s quote: If there be devils, would I were a devil,
To live and burn in everlasting fire,
So I might have your company in hell,
But to torment you with my bitter tongue.
~William Shakespeare (I love his quotes!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment