Saturday, November 21, 2009

We need a little Xmas, right this very minute!

What's that? Too early for Xmas decorations, you say?? Not in THIS house!! As soon as Halloween ends, I start feeling that familiar feeling. I get the urge to listen to Xmas songs and I can't help but to bring down the umpteen plastic totes with all things Xmas in them! As soon as I had them on the front porch and ready to be unpacked, Dean surprised me with an offer to help re-model the livingroom! For those who don't know, my livingroom has had bare plaster walls with large gaping holes exposing the ugly lathes for 2YEARS...yes, 2 YEARS!!! We've lived in this house for 11 years now and it has continually been in a state of construction since day 1, so I'm used to living in these kinds of conditions. I don't like it, but I am used to it. So when he said that, I agreed to hold off on the decorations until we could at least get it to a temporary state that was better than it was. First, we installed new sheet-rock in the gaping holes. Then we mudded any cracks and holes and actually got our 150 year old plaster walls smooth!! It now has a lovely beige primer and what a huge difference!! I'll post pics on my next post, but I'm so pleased with the outcome that I just HAD to mention it!! ANYWAY, onto the original reason for this post...
The girls love to decorate almost as much as I do, so I dug their tree out and they started hanging lights and ornaments!



I love how the lights on the tree light their beautiful faces! They look even more lovely in this light!

The finished product! Next, we'll hang lights on their "house bunk bed". When we do, I'll be sure to post pics.
Meema brought over another holiday craft for the girls. These are gingerbread houses made from craft foam.

These are definitely MUCH easier to make than real gingerbread houses! But Xmas wouldn't be complete without the real deal, so maybe I'll buy just one and decorate it myself this year! Anyway, the girls had lots of fun building these and they turned out really cute!

Today's quote: a definition

Hypocrite: [hip-uh-krit] ~noun

-A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. ie: a person who claims to be a Christian but who still manages to break a commandment or two, such as murder, adultery, coveting a neighbor's spouse or any other commandment.

No comments:

Post a Comment