Sunday, December 6, 2009

Santa has come to town!

Have I mentioned before that Xmas is my all-time favorite time of year??? Well, of course, I still hate the cold weather, but the rest of the holiday just feels all cozy and warm to me! For the third year in a row, Dean has volunteered to play Santa at our local state hospital. It is a party held for the employees and their families and since he volunteers for the job, our family is always invited to go, though neither of us works for the state hospital. Anyway, here are the girls sitting next to "Santa" at the party. As I was helping Dean get dressed before the party, we kept telling Luci that she shouldn't tell anyone else that Santa was her father. We THOUGHT she understood, but... We walked in ahead of Santa so he could make his entrance by himself. So as the girls and I are hanging up our coats, in walks Santa with a loud and jolly "Ho, ho, ho!!!" Instantly, a little girl who was getting help from her mother to remove her coat exclaimed that she didn't want to miss Santa. Just then, Luci turned around and said loudly, "That's my Daddy!!" I grabbed her and softly reminded her that she is not to call him Daddy, that he's Santa. "Ooops, I forgot!" At the end of the party, Dean was led to a back room where he removed the costume. As we were leaving, Luci asked if she could call him Daddy yet! She's such a funny kid!



Face painting is always a treat for these two!


This mass of frozen grass is NOT evidence of a recent ice storm! But rather it is evidence of a leaky water tube leading out of our basement to a recently dug out ditch to carry the water away. I thought it looked interesting, so I snapped a few shots. Here's just a couple.

I told you I liked Xmas, right??? Hee hee!! Anyway, here is part of one of my Xmas villages. Yes, I have more than one...I actually have FOUR this year! This is the town version.
Here is the wharf village, complete with ocean, light house and docks.

This is another view of the town again. We put two leaves in the table and covered the whole thing with the village! It's pretty cool!
Here is the residential village on our kitchen hutch.
And here is part of my woodland village.

A cute video showcasing the town village.

Today's quote: (Several, actually...)
The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool. ~Stephen King
The only thing that's worse than a liar is a liar that's also a hypocrite. ~Tennessee Williams
The hypocrite's crime is that he bears false witness against himself. What makes it so plausible to assume that hypocrisy is the vice of vices is that integrity can indeed exist under the cover of all other vices except this one. Only crime and the criminal, it is true, confront us with the perplexity of radical evil; but only the hypocrite is really rotten to the core. ~Hannah Arendt
........I've probably confused her with that one.......she ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, you know!
They are not all saints who use holy water. ~English proverb.

No comments:

Post a Comment