Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A hair-raising day!

It's a great day to be a proud mom! My girls have, for the last couple of years, endeavored to grow their hair long. I warned them that I wouldn't let it get down to their bums, but consented to letting them grow it. Recently, they have been asking to have short hair-cuts (and inside I'm cheering because I LOVE little girls with cute pixie hair-cuts!!) Anyway, today I picked them up a little early from school and drove to my favorite hair-stylist, Marc! No one else is allowed to touch my hair! I just love him! He likes to see me come, too, because I usually give him free reign to do whatever he wants with my hair! So, upon arrival Luci volunteered to go first. Here she is in the chair with her long hair...
The point of no return...


And, considering who their mom is and what her hair looks like, they both requested some red streaks in their hair! Who am I to stifle their creativity? Hee hee! Here's Luci getting her foils.



Washing out the dye! Luci couldn't stop giggling during this!

A few more snips, nearly done now!

And how cute is this kid?!

Drew's turn! Say good-bye to that long hair!

Going, going, gone!

Foils!



And Drew's final look! SO stinkin' cute!!!!

Our wonderful hair stylist Marc! He never fails in delivering cute styles! The girls are holding their shorn ponytails which will be sent to Locks of Love! Between them both, they have donated 25 inches!!! I'm so proud of them and they are excited to be able to help!

My beautiful and generous girls! How I love them!

Today's quotes:

Every good act is charity. A man's true wealth hereafter is the good that he does in this world to his fellows. ~Moliere

True charity is the desire to be useful to others without thought of recompense ~Emanuel Swedenborg

No comments:

Post a Comment