Thursday, June 3, 2010

My husband is a smart cookie!

My husband is an Engineer. He works for the federal government and he loves his job. His official title is Electronic Engineer, but he's one of those guys that kind of does it all. He handles a lot of stuff seemingly not related to his position. But that's just Dean. He'd rather see a job done right the first time and if that means getting his hands dirty, then he rolls up his sleeves and gets to work. Whether it's due to the economy or some other reason, as older co-workers have retired, instead of replacing them, Dean will just absorb some of their duties into his already busy day. He never minds doing overtime and by the summer has usually amassed quite a collection of Comp time. He has established his reputation at work as a "Go-To" guy for just about any problem or issue. His boss trusts his judgement and his last evaluation was perfect! No really...it was perfect!! He has his parents to credit for giving him such a solid work ethic!



So, it really came as no surprise when Dean received an email recently from Washington, DC telling him he was nominated and chosen to receive an award for a project that Dean (with a team of others) had worked on for the last couple of years or so. I don't know exactly how many others have been chosen, but I think it's in the neighborhood of a dozen or so. He has been invited to attend the award ceremony in Orlando, Florida later this month. (And guess who else gets to go?! hee hee!) There will be a slideshow presentation of the project and the chosen award recipients at the ceremony and so they requested a couple of head shots of Dean to include in the presentation. I finally got Dean to get a haircut and have a sitting with me. Here are the results.





He doesn't much care for either of these pictures, but I love the smiles, so that's what he got! I sure do love my husband and in case you couldn't tell...I'm awfully proud of him, too! I am finally vindicated (if in my own head anyway!) that he works for someone who not only recognizes and appreciates his talents and efforts but rewards him for them, too! (Unlike his previous employer...don't get me started!) Way to go, Dean! I love you! -Today, tomorrow, forever!


Today's Quotes:

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade? ~Benjamin Franklin

Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will accomplish them. ~Warren G. Bennis

It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well. ~Rene Descartes

1 comment:

  1. Go Dean! Go Dean!
    By the way Dean, I really liked your roller skating attire in the last post....

    ReplyDelete