Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Tooth Fairy strikes again!

Luci has had a loose front tooth now for months. I always reminded her to wiggle, wiggle, wiggle...and she would for a few minutes and forget about it again. I wasn't in a hurry to get this thing out of her, I knew it would go EVENTUALLY even if she never touched it. But last night, I got a bug up my butt to finally get it gone and talked her into letting me give it a yank. She hemmed and hawed for quite a while doing what a 6 year old does best, but eventually she gave in and let me try it. I wrapped a double piece of dental floss around it THREE times...each time the floss broke when I pulled. So I broke out the big guns and tied a thin length of ribbon around it, not really thinking it would stay put. But it did and out popped that stubborn tooth! As usual, Luci shed not a tear and giggled at her reflection in the mirror even as the blood oozed out of the gaping hole left behind! The defensless victim was no match for the ribbon!


As usual, the Tooth Fairy received an explanatory note from Luci, telling her the date and time and how much money she would like in return. On the outside of the envelope, are Luci's decorations and greetings.


The Tooth Fairy indeed came last night and left Luci her $5 that she requested. The Tooth Fairy has gotten very generous in her old age...I used to get a dollar, and even THAT was a lot back then when most kids were getting just a quarter! The Tooth Fairy is also going broke! Ha ha!


Today's Quotes:


Losing baby teeth were a part and parcel of one's life - a symbol of growing up, and it is the tooth-fairy that makes this otherwise dreaded and painful process an exciting one - something to look forward to. ~Mansi Maheshwari


The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money. ~David Richerby

No comments:

Post a Comment