Monday, April 4, 2011

Updates

Well, not too much going on right now, which explains the lack of posting! And no pics in this post, just a quick update on life in our neck of the woods! The weather is SLOWLY starting to feel like spring around here. The days are creeping into the lower 50's which, though not terribly warm, is a much welcomed relief after this seemingly never-ending winter! I have appealed to anyone looking for some extra cash...I'll pay a small fortune to hire a hitman to "take care of" Old Man Winter! The old geezer is too stubborn to die!! I'm sure we'll see more snow before he finally relinquishes his hold on the North Country! Today is rainy, a sure sign of spring! And though I don't consider a cool, rainy day by any means wonderful, it is surely better than cold and snow! Luci's class held their annual class play, the same play Drew was a part of in her first grade year...The Three Billy Goats Gruff. Like her sister before her, Luci was chosen to help make the props and set for the play as opposed to acting a part. She wanted to play the Little Billy Goat, but they chose another kid. A good lesson in "you can't win 'em all!" Anyway, we went to see the short but sweet production and she didn't seem to be upset about not being able to act in it, so it was a success! Maybe in her 2nd grade class play she'll be able to play a part! We're looking forward to Spring Break starting this Friday. The girls' school gave them 2 unused snow days back, so they are off on Friday and they also get the Friday before Memorial Day weekend off as well. That'll be nice as we can add it to our already booked camping trip! Speaking of camping, we have booked Mem Day weekend at one of our fave campgrounds that's not too far a drive from home and we've also booked a weekend at Jellystone in Mexico, NY. As yet, we have plans but have not booked yet a trip to Enchanted Forest/Water Safari in Old Forge, NY and also a trip to Ausable Chasm in the Adirondacks this year. Here's a place I've always wanted to visit and never have, so that'll be exciting! As for Spring Break, we're not going anywhere exciting, as usual, but I DO look forward to shutting the alarm clock off for 10 days! My Sweet Adelines chorus is gearing up for our annual regional competition in Syracuse, NY at the end of this month. We've worked very hard, and are bringing 2 brand new songs to the stage, so I'm not sure how we'll finish. The odds are stacked against us for winning First Place with new songs, but we'll try our best and maybe surprise ourselves! My sister-in-law, Tina, has taken the plunge and decided to join the chorus! I'm happy to have a companion during my 40 minute commute to rehearsal and I hope she loves it as much as I do! She just joined, so it is too late for her to be able to compete with us this month, but she'll be coming along to see what our competitions are all about and to root for the home team!!! We'll be rooming together, so that ought to be lots of fun, even if we don't end up winning! I'll bring the wine and we can either celebrate or commiserate together! Ha ha! Update on the weight-loss front...my plateau has seemingly decided to end as I have now lost 53 pounds!! That's a 35 pound loss since joining the gym in October 2010!! Not too shabby for a 40 year old! It'll be interesting to see what weight my body decides I should be! I've already bought a bathing suit in a size too small in anticipation of summer, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if I never got to wear it because it ended up being too large by the time swimming weather arrives! :-) Ah, the tricks I play with myself!! It'll be money well-worth spent if that happens, if only for my self-confidence! Hopefully my next post will have pictures...maybe of day trips we decided to take during Spring Break??? We shall see! Until then..... (I'll skip the quotes today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment