Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Construction news...if you want to call it that...

I'm having some computer issues, so I unfortunately will not be posting pics tonight. Hopefully tomorrow, but please don't count on it. Let's see, I've looked at the last post's pics and honestly, I really don't have all that much new to post anyway since no one seems willing or able to help out Dean with our addition. I do what I can, but am no substitute for a strong male helper who has an inkling of what he's doing! Where have we left off? Well, before the weekend, we had our 2nd floor joists in place. This morning, Dean was called in to work to fix something even though he is on vacation for 2 weeks. I have the feeling that this kind of company loyalty along with everything else Dean does for his job will bode well for him at evaluation time, so I certainly don't hassle him about working too much. He loves his job and is great at it, so hopefully they'll recognize his efforts at his next eval. ANYWAY...back to the construction...When he returned from work, he got busy with house stuff. Again, no helpers today, so I stepped up to do what I could. We managed to place a few more rimboards up and nail them in. The rimboards are now all complete. Dean threw the extension ladder against the first floor and started heaving...literally, HEAVING 4x8 sheets of 3/4" tongue and groove plywood flooring up the ladder to the second floor, but only managed to do two before the wind knocked another right off the ladder. It was brutal breezy today and I convinced him to do that job tomorrow when it would be safer. Instead, we nailed several sheets of OSB in pace before heading over to Dean's parent's house for his dad's birthday dinner. And that is where it sits. At this rate, it'll take a year to get it done. We've got 2 guys lined up to help tomorrow, we'll see who shows up and who doesn't.

On another note, we took our LAST (boo hoo!) camping trip of the year this past weekend to Jellystone in Mexico, NY. It was AWESOME!! The weather, the kids, the good friends, it was truly a perfect camping trip! But that's all I'll tell you until I can actually post pics! I'll try very hard not to keep you all in suspense too long! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment