Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Roofing time!

More roofing stuff today. The guys built the bridge from the old roof to the new one. I found out today it is actually called a cricket...why? Don't know, but there it is. You can see the old roof and old dilapitated shingles all the way to the right. The new shingles will be a dark brown architectural...am I saying/spelling that right?...shingle instead of the old fashined 3-tab style which is rather boring to my eye. It ought to look sharp! In case you're wondering...I did NOT get up on the roof for these pics nor did I allow my expensive camera up there! Dean took the old Fuji up there and snapped these. Also, in these pictures, the rubberized membrane you see was only partially completed, but I believe it is done now. Tomorrow they shingle and install my windows and doors! Yay!



Looking the other way.
This is shot from inside the upstairs of the new part looking into the old attic. You can see the old lathe and plaster. (Remember, the house was built in 1860!)

Guess that's it for today! Hopefully I'll have some really good stuff tomorrow! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment