Friday, October 10, 2008

Update!

We now have ALL the walls on the first floor erected. The top plates are in place and as I type Dean has two, count 'em, TWO helpers out there and they're putting the second floor joists in place! Below is how the day started yesterday. After I got up and got the girls off to school, Dean had managed to get another wall panel in place himself. Then I spent the entire day helping him.

Papa REALLY wants his room finished and he'll use violence if neccessary to get it! From the smiles on both their faces, you can tell he's joking!
In the afternoon Jim stopped by to lend a hand. Yay Jim! He and Dean got more work done in a few hours than when I was helping ALL day! I try, but there is just so much I can actually do! It's almost a shame we're going camping this weekend, they might have actually gotten the upstairs done, too! Oh well! We'll enjoy our LAST (boo hoo!) camping trip of the year and come back and work some more. Dean has taken a couple of weeks off work to try and button up the external stuff.
Here the guys finish the framing of 2 of the 3 big windows which surround what will be our breakfast area.
This window will be located over the kitchen sink. Nice view! Not that I plan on spending much time gazing out while doing the dishes...Anyone who knows me knows how much I detest doing dishes! Hee hee! Anyway, there's your update!

No comments:

Post a Comment