Monday, October 27, 2008

Update! Episode 2!

Another post without pics...sorry! Dean went back to work this morning, you know, his REAL job? Kenny and the guys came over and finished installing all the windows upstairs, except for the two front ones which are still being used in the old part of the house. So one is temporarily boarded up to keep out the wind and weather and the other is open to allow access. After windows went in, they got to work building some interior walls upstairs. We now have three bedrooms upstairs and a bathroom! Yay! (Well, of course we still need to insulate and sheetrock and wire and plumb and....well, you know how it goes!) Apparently we're supposed to get between 8-12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, so who knows what this will mean for construction, but the addition is at least weathered in. Now that the windows are in, it would be interesting to see if we have any more leaking issues. I imagine there may be a few since we still have no Tyvek on the gable ends of the roof. Anyway, the last few days, Dean has been diligently doing his own thing after Kenny has left and has managed to wire most of the downstairs and install all the light, switch and outlet boxes. We have all our plumbing supplies and that'll get done eventually. I'm working on siding color schemes. I think we're going with a dark brown roof, a cedar-looking color for siding and white trim for soffet (sp?), fascia (sp?), windows, etc. I will probably add a very tiny splash of some bright color, like red or wine or something here and there. Not sure how that'll work out in the end. Maybe I could shoot for bright red doors??? Maybe not! We'll see. I'm also hard at work trying to find the right lighting fixtures for over the island and over the breakfast table. We don't neccessarily need to hang them right away, but I do need to tell Dean how many light boxes need to be installed and where, so that's my mission tomorrow! If the ground dries up a little, both my dad and Dean's dad have plans to take the dump truck and the tractor to the back of our field and get some of the dirt that we dug out to build the foundation and bring it back to backfill now that the drain pipe is in place and covered with gravel. SO many things left to do and so little time before we get dumped on by snow and cold! At least we're weathered in...maybe. I actually wish it would rain for about 2-3 hours so we could check for more leaks before we insulate. I think Dean has been convinced to postpone the hottub deck in favor of siding THIS year as opposed to next. I'm glad, I'd feel much better knowing the house is completely weather-proofed for our nasty winters! Anyway, now I'm just rambling. Until next time...hopefully I'll drag my camera up the ladder for some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment