Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mr. Darcy is now Dapper Dan!

I'm not the only one with a new haircut...Mr. Darcy had his very first trip to the groomer yesterday! I was just so used to seeing him all fluffly and scruffy, that I wasn't sure I would really like the outcome of a haircut for him! But, being a poodle, NOT getting groomed is NOT an option!! Matted hair can be painful and the hair that grows in their ears can cause ear infections! So off he went! Here's Mr. Scruffy before.


And here's the result...SO adorable!! He weighs somewhere between 3 and a half to 4 pounds, but it looks like the groomer took 5 pounds of hair off of him!!
I can't believe I was worried that I wouldn't like the new haircut!! He's so cute now!
Friends of ours, Jody and Dallas, have a female toy poodle named Five-O who is just one week older than Darcy. I was telling her that the two of them would make beautiful puppies together!! The only problems with that scenario: 1.) They're both too young yet. Mr. Darcy's umm, equipment hasn't even developed yet!! (And as soon as he's old enough, he's getting snipped!) 2.) Mr. Darcy isn't registered. 3.) Five-O lives in Maryland and Darcy is in NY. 4.)The bulk of the work would be on Jody and Dallas as they're the ones with the female!! I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate that one little bit!! Ha ha!! But it's a fun thought anyway!!
He was in my lap and was looking at himself in the mirror.
The next 2 shots are very blurry because he was in my lap and I was just too close with the camera, but they were cute, so I included them.

And of course, Drew loves him to pieces no matter what he looks like!

Going in for the wet kiss on her cheek!

Today's quotes:

Buy a pup and your money will buy love unflinching. ~Rudyard Kipling

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Bern Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment