Thursday, January 6, 2011

New year, new hair style!

Anyone who knows me well knows I get bored with my hair frequently. I change the color and style so often that the people I see only a few times a year are usually surprised at how different I look everytime they see me again! Well, it was that time again! I made an appointment with my hairstylist, Marc, the ONLY person allowed to touch my hair, yesterday and when I sat down in his chair, I said, "I don't care what color or style you do, just make it different. You have free reign, don't even tell me, just do it!" Obviously, I trust him!! And for good reason because here is the result.


In the shot below, the flash was once again too strong so my face is washed out, but it's a better shot of the front of my hair, so I included it. The style isn't much different than what I had. Marc says he wanted to keep it somewhat long because when I walked in the salon yesterday, he really liked my hair longer...it's way longer than I usually have! (Try to avert your eyes from my messy sewing/computer room! Actually, this is MUCH less messy than it usually is! Normally you cannot even SEE my table top! Ha ha!)
And the back view. I LOVE this color combo!! I have had my hair entirely black with candy apple red streaks, black with bright blue streaks, completely blonde, bright auburn and every combination in between! My inner "artiste" dictates how I want to express myself on the outside, so it has been pretty wild in the past! The current color and cut is relatively tame compared to past hair styles! I just love my hairstylist, Marc!!

Today's Quotes:

Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hair stylist you like. ~Author Unknown

Hair brings one's self-image into focus; it is vanity's proving ground. Hair is terribly personal, a tangle of mysterious prejudices. ~Shana Alexander

I'm not offended by all the dumb-blonde jokes because I know that I'm not dumb. I also know I'm not blonde. ~Dolly Parton

No comments:

Post a Comment